This is where Many species that are rarely found elsewhere in Kenya are located.The narrow-striped, large-earred Grevy zebra, graceful long-necked gerenuk, Beisa oryx, Reticulated giraffe, and the blue-shanked Somali ostrich.
Where better to spend a few days in Kenya's northern game sanctuaries than in the riverine forest cool of Samburu Lodge, the area's first game lodge and still a firm favourite for visitors.
Day 1:Nairobi Samburu
Pick up at 0800hrs and drive north to Samburu National Reserve to arrive at around 1400 hours in time for lunch. After lunch proceed for an afternoon game drive in the park famous as the place for the Samburu semi-nomadic tribesmen, the reticulated giraffe, the Grevy's zebra gerenuk, beisa oryx and a host of the big game including elephant and lion. Dinner and overnight at Campsite.
Day 2:Full Day at Samburu
Full day spent in Samburu with early morning and afternoon game drives in Samburu Game Reserve, which covers 40 square miles (104 square kilometers). Ololokwe Table Mountain forms a dramatic backdrop to our game viewing. Samburu is also home to the third of Kenya's giraffe species - the rare Reticulated Giraffe (only found in the Northern parks).
This is also where you see the blue-legged Somali Ostrich, the long-necked Gerenuk gazelle and the straight-horned Beisa Oryx antelope. Dinner and overnight at Campsite.
Day 3:Samburu Nairobi
After breakfast proceed for a game drive en route Nairobi to arrive around 1400 hours.
Need of airport transfer and hotel in Nairobi additional of 90US$ per person sharing
The package includes:
1. Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary.
2. All meals as provided in the itinerary.
3. Transportation in a chauffeur driven minivan with pop-up roof for easy game viewing & photography.
4. Services of an English /spanish/french/Russian speaking tour/guide driver
5. Game viewing drives and parks entrance.
6. All Government taxes and levies.
7. Mineral water during game drives only
8. All arrival and departure transfers
9. 24 hours stand-by contact number
10. Guaranteed window seat in the minivan
11. Two-way long range high frequency radio communication in each minivan
12. On safari accessories in the minivan: - First-aid kit, wildlife books, binoculars, cool box and fire extinguisher
1. Domestic, international airfares and departure taxes.
2. All items of personal nature such as telephone calls, fax, email etc.
3. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s)
4. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
5. Laundry services.
6. Holiday supplement over Christmas and New Year.